The Write News: Newspaper News Category
· New York Times Launches NYT Opinion (June 4, 2014): The New York Times has launched NYT Opinion, which is a subscription service to the Times' opinion coverage.
· Jill Abramson Out as New York Times Editor (May 14, 2014): Jill Abramson has been ousted as editor of The New York Times. She has held the position since September 2011.
· 2014 Pulitzer Prizes for Journalism Announced (April 14, 2014): The winners of the 2014 Pulitzer Prizes for Journalism have been announced. The Guardian and New York Times won awards for the NSA PRISM coverage.
· Alaska Dispatch Publishing to Acquire Anchorage Daily News From McClatchy (April 8, 2014): Alaska Dispatch Publishing is to acquire the Anchorage Daily News from McClatchy. The deal will close in the second quarter of 2014.
· Chicago Sun-Times Starts Accepting Bitcoin for Subscriptions (April 4, 2014): The Chicago Sun-Times has become the first major newpaper to accept bitcoin.
· The Star-Ledger Cuts 167 Jobs, Including 40 Newsroom Jobs (April 3, 2014): The Star-Ledge cut 167 jobs, including 40 out of 156 newsroom positions.
· Baltimore Sun Media Group Acquires City Paper (February 22, 2014): The Baltimore Sun Media Group has acquired the City Paper. Jennifer Marsh has been named general manager.
· Chicago Tribune Launches Trivia App (January 26, 2014): Chicago Tribune has launched the Tribune Trivia app used trivia questions crafted frrom Tribune archive articles.
· Jeff Bezos Buys The Washington Post (August 5, 2013): Jeff Bezos has purchased The Washington Post for $250 million.
· Royal Baby Helps Mail Online Set Traffic Record (July 25, 2013): The Daily Mail set a traffic record thanks to the birth of the royal baby.
· BH Media Group Buys The Press of Altantic City (July 21, 2013): Warren Buffett is still buying newspapers. His BH Media Group has purchased the Press of Atlantic City.
· New York Times Already Has Google Glass App (April 26, 2013): The New York Times is not waiting around. They have already launched an app for Google Glass so people can get breaking news alerts.
· Washington Post Reportedly Planning Paywall for 2013 (December 8, 2012):
· Stephen Colbert Weighs in on USA Today's New Circular Logo (September 28, 2012):
· Chicago Tribune to Cut 20 Jobs, Outsource Some Local Suburban News Coverage (April 24, 2012):