The Write News: Publishing News Category
· Barnes & Noble to Spin Off Nook Business (June 26, 2014): Barnes & Noble plans to separate its Nook business. The company recently partnered with Samsung to make the devices.
· Rihanna's CFDA Gown Challenges News Outlets (June 4, 2014): Mainstream media had trouble covering Rihanna's racy CFDA gown. The gown was see through and impossible to show on television.
· Atria Publishing Launches Keywords Press Imprint (May 25, 2014): Atria Publishing has launched Keywords Press, which it bills as an imprint for digital influences.
· Mara Anastas Named Publisher of Aladdin Books and Simon Pulse (April 6, 2014): Mara Anastas has been named publisher of Aladdin Books and Simon Pulse.
· Simon & Schuster Launches 250 Words, a Website About Business Books (February 9, 2014): Simon & Schuster has launched 250 Words, a website about business books. The site is edited by Sam McNerney.
· Oyster, an Ebook Subscription Service, Raises $14 Million (January 16, 2014): Oyster, a subscription ebook service, has raised $14 million
· Amazon to Acquire Book Recommendation Site Goodreads (March 28, 2013):
· Pearson Buys 5% Stake in Nook Media (January 1, 2013):
· Chantal Restivo-Alessi Named Chief Digital Office of HarperCollins Publishers (May 2, 2012):
· Anderson Family Taking Books a Million Private (April 30, 2012):
· Wiley & Sons Plans to Sell Frommer's, CliffsNotes (March 8, 2012):
· The Write News is Now on Google+ (January 13, 2012):
· Businessweek Releases Cover Image for Steve Jobs Tribute Issue (October 5, 2011):
· F+W Media Launches Digital Business Imprint (September 27, 2011):
· Publishers Partner for Bookish Website (May 9, 2011):