Evangelical Alliance Names The Ten Blogging Commandments
Posted on October 5, 2008The Evangelical Alliance recently came up with the "Ten Blogging Commandments." The Evangelical Alliance says they are loosely based on the real Ten Commandments from the Old Testament. The Evangelical Alliance says these commandments are "intended to cause bloggers to consider the social impact of their blogging."
The commandments were released at Godblogs, a gathering held by the Evangelical Alliance. If you start breaking the 2nd commandment then your blogging has really gone to your head. J-Walk Blog says he has already violated a few of the commandments.
- You shall not put your blog before your integrity.
- You shall not make an idol of your blog.
- You shall not misuse your screen name by using your anonymity to sin.
- Remember the Sabbath day by taking one day off a week from your blog.
- Honour your fellow-bloggers above yourselves and do not give undue significance to their mistakes.
- You shall not murder someone else's honour, reputation or feelings.
- You shall not use the web to commit or permit adultery in your mind.
- You shall not steal another person's content.
- You shall not give false testimony against your fellow-blogger.
- You shall not covet your neighbour's blog ranking. Be content with your own content.