NBC and Twitter Announce Partnership for London 2012 Olympic Games
Posted on July 26, 2012
NBC Olympics, a division of the NBC Sports Group, and Twitter, have announced a partnership for the London 2012 Olympic Games. Here are some highlights of the partnership:
- Aggregating content on the #Olympics event page from Olympians, @NBCOlympics, @Olympics, @USOlympic and elsewhere
- Promoting the event page with on air graphics
- Reprising the NBC Olympic Twitter Tracker, a real-time heat map depicting minute-by-minute movements of the Olympic conversation on Twitter
- The NBC Olympics Twitter Tracker will also include the Olympics "Tweet Sheet," a constant feed of athlete conversation prior to and during the Games.
- Representatives from Twitter will be on-site in London to work side-by-side with NBC Olympics on producing and updating the #Olympics event page.