Twitter to Launch Twitter Analytics
Posted on September 14, 2011TechCrunch reports that Twitter is going to provide analytics data for publishers. Twitter is letting a few publishers test the analytics. Eventually the data will be free for all publishers, which is great news. Twitter's BackType acquisition earlier this year helped lead to the creation of the analytics tool.
The Twitter analytics tool will include the following information:
- Tweets sent from your Tweet button on your site
- Total number of tweets and clicks over a time period
- Number of clicks from individual tweets
- Top links by day, week and month
- Other platforms, such as Google Analytics, will be able to incorporate Twitter data through an API