U.S. Economy Added 117,000 Jobs in July
Posted on August 5, 2011The U.S. economy added 117,000 jobs in July according to the latest report from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. This was a slightly larger than the 75,000 expected by a survey of economists. The jobs added in April and May were also revised upward, but not by much. Here are the details:
- 117,000 jobs added in July.
- Private-sector employers added 154,000 jobs in July
- Manufacturing employment increased by 24,000 in July
- Government employment fell by 37,000
- May and June jobs added figures increased by combined total of 56,000
- Unemployment rates dropped to 9.1% from 9.2%