WebMD Corporation Launches Print Magazine
Posted on April 22, 2005WebMD Corporation has announced the launch of WebMD the Magazine. WebMD the Magazine is a bimonthly publication with an initial circulation of 1 million copies that is distributed free to patients in 85 percent of practicing physicians' waiting rooms across the country.
"Americans turn to WebMD more than any other health information resource when they need reliable information for themselves and their loved ones," said Wayne T. Gattinella, President, WebMD Health. "WebMD the Magazine is uniquely designed to reach patients in the waiting room, giving them the information they need to have more productive conversations with their doctor."
WebMD the Magazine features health and wellness information from WebMD Health. Like WebMD's website, WebMD the Magazine presents health content in an interactive format, with quizzes patients can take while in the waiting room and questions to discuss with their physician. All editorial content in the magazine is medically reviewed and approved by WebMD staff physicians.
Each issue of WebMD the Magazine will connect readers with celebrities who share their own health-related stories and how these issues may affect others. The premiere issue features an interview with actress/model Brooke Shields, who shares her own experience with depression following the birth of her daughter. Other content in the magazine includes:
- Ask the Experts: Readers' questions answered by physicians
- WebMD Wire: The latest health news
- Worked For Me: Helpful health hints from WebMD Health users
- Health Matters: A series of columns on specific health issues from the experts and editors of WebMD Health.
- Take Me With You Cards: Cards that patients can tear out to list questions, current medications and take notes.